advice from vets and vet nurses
Get a Quote
With PetConnect, there are vets and vet nurses on hand to help you look after the health of your cat or dog when they need it most.
Speak to a vet or vet nurse if you need advice about your pet’s heath any time, day or night.
Calling our helpline first may save you an unnecessary trip to the vet and offer support or advice if your cat or dog is unwell.
Please do not contact the helpline if you need to speak to us about your Pet Protect Pet Insurance policy or a claim associated with this policy. You can contact us through our website here.
Yes, we have a few terms and conditions of the service provided. Please see terms and conditions below:
1. Pet Protect Pet Insurance customers have unlimited access to PetConnect by phone, chat and vet video consultations and bereavement support at no additional cost.
2. The PetConnect service can only be accessed and used by Pet Protect Pet Insurance customers who have an active cat or dog policy with Pet Protect Pet Insurance.
3. PetConnect is accessible by the dedicated telephone number, chat, or video links. Customers can find details of how to use the PetConnect vet service through our website www.petprotect.co.uk/petconnect
4. PetConnect is not to be used in life-threatening or emergency situations. Please contact your vet in the event of an emergency involving your pet.
5. The PetConnect service is unable to discuss details regarding your pet insurance policy, please contact Pet Protect through the website www.petprotect.co.uk
6. The Pet Protect PetConnect service will store information to create a profile of you and your pet and includes:
a) Pet details: species, age, breed, gender and neuter
b) If the pet is currently on any medication and currently seeing a vet for the concern
c) Pet owner details: Pet protect policy number of pet insurance policy, name, email, pet name and telephone number
7. The information stored by the PetConnect service will be shared with Pet Protect including vet notes if there is a subsequent claim
8. Pet Protect reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of this offer or remove it at any time.
The advice given to you will be specific to your pet. A vet or vet nurse will listen to your query and offer suitable advice and guidance on next steps. If required, a video call can be set up to get a better understanding of your pet's health. PetConnect cannot diagnose conditions or symptoms over the phone, but they can tell you if your pet should see a vet.
You can talk to our vet support service about the following topics:
1. General pet health advice
2. Behavioural advice
3. Food and nutrition
4. Bereavement support
If your pet's condition is serious, or they've been in an accident, collapsed or unconscious, you should get your pet to a vet as soon as possible.
You can contact the PetConnect vet support service by: To speak to the team, please call 0333 332 0339 or you can chat online using https://vet-fone.co.uk/petconnect/chatIf the vet or vet nurse feels that they need to see your pet, they’ll send you video link. PetConnect is ONLY available to Pet Protect pet insurance policyholders and the team will ask you for your policy number, so make sure you have it to hand before you call.
Anyone who has an active Pet Protect Pet Insurance policy can use the vet support service.
Unfortunately, you can't talk to our PetConnect vets and vet nurses about anything related to your pet insurance policy, including:
• Buying or cancelling a policy
• Checking or updating policy details
• Making a claim or checking an existing claim
• Making a payment
If you need to speak to our Customer Services team about your policy, please use the 'Contact Us' page of our website
Curated by the lovely folks at Pet Protect
How many treats can my pet have? As pet owners we love spoiling our cats and dogs with treats and food they will enjoy. You might be using treats whilst training your puppy or dog, hiding them around the house to keep them mentally stimulated or as a reward for good behaviour. Those treats can […]
How do you know your pet loves you? The bond between a pet parent and their pets is incredibly special and many owners may wonder if their pets love them the way they do. Recognising the common signs of expression may help pet parents build a stronger bond with their pets and can also help […]