advice from vets and vet nurses
Get a Quote
Vets and vet nurses on hand to help you look after the health of your cat or dog when they need it most.
PetConnect allows you to speak to a vet or vet nurse if you need advice about your pet’s heath any time, day or night. Calling our helpline first may save you an unnecessary trip to the vet and offer support or advice if your cat or dog is unwell.
Please do not contact PetConnect if you need to speak to us about your Pet Protect Pet Insurance policy or a claim associated with this policy. You can contact us through our website here
To speak to the team, please call 0333 332 0339 or you can chat online using live chat
Yes, we have a few terms and conditions of the service provided. Please see terms and conditions below:1. Pet Protect Pet Insurance customers have unlimited access to PetConnect by phone, chat and vet video consultations and bereavement support at no additional cost.
2. The PetConnect service can only be accessed and used by Pet Protect Pet Insurance customers who have an active cat or dog policy with Pet Protect Pet Insurance.
3. PetConnect is accessible by the dedicated telephone number, chat, or video links. Customers can find details of how to use the PetConnect vet service through our website www.petprotect.co.uk/petconnect
4. PetConnect is not to be used in life-threatening or emergency situations. Please contact your vet in the event of an emergency involving your pet.
5. The PetConnect service is unable to discuss details regarding your pet insurance policy, please contact Pet Protect through the website www.petprotect.co.uk
6. The Pet Protect PetConnect service will store information to create a profile of you and your pet and includes:
a) Pet details: species, age, breed, gender and neuter
b) If the pet is currently on any medication and currently seeing a vet for the concern
c) Pet owner details: Pet protect policy number of pet insurance policy, name, email, pet name and telephone number
7. The information stored by the PetConnect service will be shared with Pet Protect including vet notes if there is a subsequent claim
8. Pet Protect reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of this offer or remove it at any time.
The advice given to you will be specific to your pet. A vet or vet nurse will listen to your query and offer suitable advice and guidance on next steps. If required, a video call can be set up to get a better understanding of your pet's health. PetConnect cannot diagnose conditions or symptoms over the phone, but they can tell you if your pet should see a vet.
You can talk to our vet support service about the following topics:1. General pet health advice
2. Behavioural advice
3. Food and nutrition
4. Bereavement support
If your pet's condition is serious, or they've been in an accident, collapsed or unconscious, you should get your pet to a vet as soon as possible.
You can contact the PetConnect vet support service by: To speak to the team, please call 0333 332 0339 or you can chat online using https://vet-fone.co.uk/petconnect/chatIf the vet or vet nurse feels that they need to see your pet, they’ll send you video link. PetConnect is ONLY available to Pet Protect pet insurance policyholders and the team will ask you for your policy number, so make sure you have it to hand before you call.
Anyone who has an active Pet Protect Pet Insurance policy can use the vet support service.
Unfortunately, you can't talk to our PetConnect vets and vet nurses about anything related to your pet insurance policy, including:• Buying or cancelling a policy
• Checking or updating policy details
• Making a claim or checking an existing claim
• Making a paymentIf you need to speak to our Customer Services team about your policy, please use the 'Contact Us' page of our website
Want to know what our customers think of Pet Protect? View our recent customer reviews
Read more reviews
Chat was started quickly and answered all of my questions.
Our young Labrador developed a sudden and massive abscess behind his eye which required emergency...
Really helpful service on live chat.
Used live chat to renew with Lily. Nice and easy, especially as I type very slowly.
Today, I spoke on live chat with Michelle. She was helpful, answering my questions.
Have a look at our live feed or REAL CUSTOMER REVIEWS through TrustPilot
Curated by the lovely folks at Pet Protect
How does pet insurance work? There’s no NHS for pets. We understand your pets are part of the family and you want to make sure they are safe and well. That’s why pet insurance can help to provide you as a pet owner with peace of mind knowing that if your pet becomes ill or […]
Could your cat or dog be a lifesaver? Just as people do, our furry little friends can donate blood as well. Dogs and cats are capable of being blood donors to other dogs and cats in need and, it is usually a simple process provided that the donor meets all the requirements. There are many […]